What is Charity-Ware?
Charity ware is just a name, that’s all. It is basically GPL licensed software, with the hope that the user, who may find the software useful, will make a donation to the charity that the programmer has suggested. In the case of PAWS that is Heart4children.org.
The programmer, Cor Koelewijn, is the founder of Heart For Children and as a hobby, and as a way of solving a problem where the organization had a need for a database, he build the Php Application WorkShop.
Much of the inspiration comes from working with Microsoft Access in his previous organization where he made it work for the administration of:
- Students & orphans
- The clinic: Medicinal storage, prescriptions, etc.
It is made with the intention of:
- Being useful for organization who:
- help orphans that are sponsored by individual sponsors
- just need some open-sourced database utility that works on an intra-net
(or even Internet but that’s at your own risk)
- A learning tool for students to use as a framework to build database driven apps
Who knows, maybe it is useful for you..?